WaveStar® TFA (True Front Access) Static Transfer Switch
The WaveStar TFA Static Transfer Switch maximizes the availability and reliability of power for mission critical loads through the automatic seamless transfer from two independent power inputs in an innovative True Front Access Enclosure.
Available in sizes ranging from 250A – 1200A, the WaveStar TFA Static Transfer Switch maximizes the availability and reliability of power for mission critical loads through the automatic seamless transfer from two independent power inputs in an innovative True Front Access Enclosure.
Known for its patented transfer algorithms, the WaveStar TFA STS is unmatched in its 2 million hour Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), Dual Redundant Operator Interfaces, Flash Memory Firmware Updates and Hot Swappable Control Logic Components. The True Front Access enclosure allows for installation, service, maintenance and IR scanning from the front of the unit – a first in the industry.
The WaveStar TFA STS is adaptable for Primary (480V) and Secondary (208V) topologies by utilizing a common power and controls pass through on the STS and PDU enclosures simplifying installation. The STS also monitors power quality of both sources including real-time waveform capture and monitoring of downstream sub-feed and panelboard breakers through the 10.4” touchscreen display. Compartmentalized power, SCR, controls and communications compartments decrease the risk of arc flash and increase worker safety. Adaptable top/bottom entry/exit for power and communications (BMS/DCIM) enables flexible deployment in a wide variety of mission critical facilities.
WaveStar TFA STS redefines performance, reliability and its innovative approach to installation and service ultimately achieves the lowest total cost of ownership for your mission critical facility.
250A – 1200A Digital Static Transfer Switch
The WaveStar TFA Static Transfer Switch is available in 250A, 400A, 600A, 800A, 1000A and 1200A variations with up to 100 kAIC short circuit withstand.
Industry Leading Patented Transfer Algorithm
The patented VSS (Volt Second Synchronization) switching algorithm achieves automatic switching times as fast as ≤ 1/2 cycle to ≤ 3/4 (including sense time) with in-rush current typically ≤ 1X unit rating.
100% Rated Fuseless Design
Fuses aren’t needed because of the high short circuit current rating of the Hockey Puck Style SCRs (thyristors).
Compartmentalized True Front Access Enclosure
An innovative true front access enclosure with separate compartments enables installation, service, maintenance and IR scanning from the front of the unit.
Adaptable Service Entrances
Every data center is different, hence determining service entrances for input/output power connections and communications for building management systems (BMS) can vary from site to site as well as unit to unit. The WaveStar TFA Static Transfer Switch was engineered to be both Top/Bottom Entry/Exit for the ultimate in flexibility. The WaveStar TFA Static Transfer Switch can also be ordered where Source and Output bus is oriented and located for Top or Bottom preference shortening conductors saving time and money.
Triple Internal Redundancy
True triple internal redundancy provides the ultimate in power system reliability.
Dual Redundant Operator Interfaces
The WaveStar TFA Static Transfer Switch
Flash Memory Firmware Updates
Flash memory allows for firmware updates while supporting the critical load.
Real Time Waveform Capture
Waveforms can be captured and displayed in real-time on the 10.4” touchscreen display and exported for analysis.
Hot Swap Control Logic Replacement
Printed circuit boards and other controls logic components can be replaced while maintaining the critical load.
Line-and-Match with PDI Power Distribution Units
The WaveStar TFA STS is adaptable for Primary (480V) and Secondary (208V) topologies by utilizing a common power and controls pass through on the STS and PDU enclosures, simplifying installation.
Communications and Intelligent Power Monitoring for Downstream BCMS
Status, alarm and power data can be communicated via Modbus® TCP/IP, Modbus® RTU and SNMP protocols. Primary or Secondary Systems PDU downstream branch circuit power data can also be integrated through the WaveStar TFA STS.
|Current||250A, 400A, 600A, 800A, 1000A, 1200A|
|Redundancy||• Fail safe dual redundant display• Triple redundant logic
• Triple redundant power supplies
• Dual redundant gate drivers for SCRs
• Two-output switches available
|Logic||• Power or Gate (POG) Algorithm• Volt Second Synchronization (VSS) Algorithm limits in-rush for 600, 575, 480, 450, 415, 400, 380 & 208 volt systems during transfers.
• VSS Soft Start Up, initial start-up, restart or transfer limits to ≤ 2 times in-rush up to 180 degrees out of phase, typically <1 times in-rush.
|Security||• Layered security through log on access• User log-on ID and PIN number required for STS operation
• All log-ins are time and date stamped for future reference
|Installation and Maintenance||• True Front Access Enclosure for installation, maintenance, service and IR scanning.• Separate compartments for logic module, power semiconductors, molded case switches and fans for safer maintenance and easy access for IR scanning.
• Optional IR Scanning Windows enable operator to scan all connections with minimal Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• “Hot Swap” capability for Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs)
• “Hot Swap” capability for touch screen display.
• Landing power and communications cables has never been easier with both Top/Bottom Entry/Exit within the true front access enclosure.
|Monitoring||• Fail Safe Dual Redundant Operator Interfaces
– Primary interface – touch screen display
– Secondary interface – Redundant Operator Interface (ROI)• Status, event and alarm logs captured and stored at the STS and viewable locally on the touch screen display and via web browser (STS may NOT be operated via the web browser).• Events will continue to record up to 10 seconds after loss of power.• Event/alarm memory is 2MB• “Real Time” capture of wave forms• Branch Circuit Monitoring System (BCMS) available• Graphic depiction of load trends• Graphic depiction of voltage and current harmonics• Voice unit audible assistance for alarms and bypass operations.
|Graphical User Interface (GUI)||• 10.4″ LCD color touch screen• 640 X 480 resolution
• 262K colors
|Communications Protocol||• Modbus TCP/IP• Modbus RTU through RS 422/485 port
• (TCP/IP) read-only web browser
• Email alerts
• NTP time setting
• Alarm log download via USB