This section applies to California Residents.
The personal information we collect might, depending on the situation, include identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California Federal Law, commercial information, internet or other network activity information, geolocation information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, professional or employment-related information and inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes. For detailed information on what we collect please review the ‘Information we collect’ section of this Notice.
As described in this Notice personal information we collect from consumers might be shared for business or commercial purposes with third parties. You can find more details on this third-party sharing in the ‘Affiliates, service providers and third-party sharing’ section.
We might have disclosed all of the categories of personal information listed above, based on the use case, for a business purpose in the past 12 months.
As a California resident you have certain rights, subject to legal limitations and applicable exceptions, regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. Those right are in particular:
- The right to know
- The right to delete
- The right to opt-out
For more information about your data protection rights, click here.
In accordance with applicable law, we will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights. You may use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you are making any of the requests above through an authorized agent, we will request written authorization from you and will seek to verify your identity or we will accept a legal Power of Attorney under the California Probate Code to the authorized agent. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will respond to a Request to Opt-Out within 15 days. We will respond to Requests to Delete and Requests to Know within 45 days, unless we need more time, in which case, we will notify you and may take up to 90 days total to respond to your request.
Do Not Track
Some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. Eaton does not do this on Eaton websites. If you are visiting such sites, some browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. Visit your browser settings to learn how to set these Do Not Track Signals.
Third parties that have content embedded on Eaton’s websites, such as a social feature or a stock ticker, may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific Eaton website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from Eaton’s websites unless you provide it to them directly.
Executing Your rights as California Resident
Those rights are:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request information about the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the purposes for collecting the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the purpose for which we shared your personal information (“Categories Report”). You may also request information about the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you (“Specific Pieces Report”).
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
In order to exercise your rights, we will need to obtain information to locate you in our records or verify your identity depending on the nature of the request. If you are submitting a request on behalf of a household, we will need to verify each member of the household in the manner set forth in this section. Therefore, based on the request we might reach out to you for further information.
You may use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you are making any of the requests above through an authorized agent, we will request written authorization from you and will seek to verify as described above or we will accept a legal Power of Attorney under the California Probate Code to the authorized agent.
Please complete and submit the form below, indicate which right you wish to execute and our data protection team will respond as soon as they are able to.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, concerns about our processing of your Personal Data or any other question related to data protection and privacy please contact us by emailing email@example.com or writing to the address below:
Attention: Global Data Protection and Privacy Office
1000 Eaton Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44122
Power Distribution, Inc. (“PDI Corp,” “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at www.pdicorp.com
We appreciate and respect our visitors’ concerns for their safety when personal information is shared with us. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that is submitted to us. While we take reasonable measures to safeguard the confidential information that you provide, PDI Corp has no liability for the disclosure of any information that is obtained due to transmission errors or for the disclosure of any information obtained by any unauthorized acts by third parties.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- ● On our website; or
- ● In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our website. It does not apply to information collected by:
- ● us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
Children Under the Age of 13
We adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) on our website as well as offline. A child’s privacy is important to us. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the website or on or through any of the features on the website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Providing any personal information regarding a child, including the child’s name and age is strictly at the parent’s discretion. At any time a parent can request to review their personal information and their child’s personal information that they have submitted to us. A parent may also ask to have it deleted by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARTICLE I Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- ● by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”); and or
- ● about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details. We collect this information:
- ● Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- ● Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and informationInformation You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- ● Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, which includes, but is not limited to, information (e.g., First Name, Last Name, Address, Phone Number) provided at the time of requesting services by filling in our Contact Us, Service Request or gated product download forms or by some other mechanism;
- ● Information collected when you report a problem with our website;
- ● Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and/orInformation We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we (or a third party designated by us) may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- ● Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- ● Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, the page(s) you request, the domain name of the website from which you may link to the website, your computer operating system and browser type. The information we (or a third party designated by us) collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It is stored and used for aggregate research, promotional purposes and for future site development to better understand your needs and improve our products and services, to improve our website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- ● Estimate our audience size and usage patterns and analyze certain trends and statistics related to user sessions;
- ● Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests;
- ● Speed up your searches;
- ● When you submit your personal information to us unless you specify otherwise, you are entered into our consumer database. You may then be added to our list to receive e-mails regarding our special promotional offers and new product introductions periodically. We will not send you junk mailings or mail that contains pop ups, only information about our products and specials that are being offered;
- ● To present our website and their contents to you;
- ● To provide you with information that you request from us;
- ● To fulfill orders for services that you may place through the website or for any other purpose for which you provide it;
- ● To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- ● Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- ● Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- ● For vital interest;
- ● In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- ● For any other purpose with your consent. When you submit your personal information to us, unless you specify otherwise, you are entered into our consumer database. You may then be added to our list to receive communiques regarding promotional offers, new product introductions, industry updates and other news and events you may find interesting. We will not send you junk mailings or any communication unrelated to our business. We make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests and do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law). Note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending upon the specific purpose for which we are using the data. We will retain your personal data for only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. For more information, see the section titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information about our users without restriction.
- ● To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- ● To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- ● To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of PDI Corp’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by PDI Corp about our website users is among the assets transferred;
- ● To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- ● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- ● With your consent. We may also disclose your personal information:
- ● To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- ● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PDI Corp, our customers or others.Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You have rights to access, rectify, erase, restrict, object or be informed as to the use of your personal data. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- ● Communications from PDI Corp. If you wish to opt-out of receiving any future communication from us, including e-mail, post/mail, SMS/text or phone call; and would like to be removed from our database, please send your request to email@example.com. Please include your full contact information including name, company name, complete address, phone number and email. You may also unsubscribe from marketing email by clicking the link at the bottom of the email at any time. This opt out does not apply to information provided to PDI Corp as a result of a product service experience or other transactions. Data Security.
PDI Corp must collect certain information in order to operate the website and to fulfill your requests or enable participation in certain online activities. We have implemented reasonable security measures designed to secure the personal information under our control from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We use industry-standard practices, such as encrypted storage and password protection systems, to safeguard the confidentiality of information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Last modified: 5/6/20