April 12, 2019
Quick Connect Tap Off Box Recognized for Pushing Power Distribution into the 21st Century
RICHMOND, VA — April 10, 2018 — Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI), a pioneer of innovative power transformation, power distribution, and intelligent power monitoring solutions for mission-critical operations, today announced that its Quick Connect Tap Off Box has been named a 2018 Plant Engineering Product of the Year Silver winner in the Energy Management category. Upon the January 4th conclusion of public voting, facility, IT managers and other data center industry peers named the Quick Connect Tap Off Box as Product of the Year for its easy track-style lighting installation and impressive monitoring capabilities to manage power consumption.
Tweet this: @PDICorp Quick Connect Tap Off Box selected a 2018 winner of @plantengmag Plant Engineering Product of the Year Award in #EnergyManagement category.
Plant Engineering’s Product of the Year program is the premier award for new products in the manufacturing and non-manufacturing industries. Through the judging process and public voting period, PDI’s Quick Connect Tap Off Box was hailed for its superior safety with compartmentalized access to branch circuit monitoring hardware, infrared scanning windows that safely measure internal thermal temperatures, and its ability to fit any size busrail.
“As a pioneer of power solutions for mission-critical operations, PDI continues to extend our innovations to simplify rack-power feed installations while enabling facility and IT managers with at-a-glance status views,” said [NAME], [TITLE], PDI. “We are honored that Plant Engineering short listed the Quick Connect Tap Off Box for voting and proud that the industry has validated it as the Product of the Year.”
PDI’s Quick Connect Tap Off Box:
- Fits any size busrail in the product line allowing unlimited use of where the Quick Connect Tap Off Box units may be installed.
- Offers the industry’s smallest ‘keep out’ area.
- Boasts 128 Amps maximum per phase, offering over 1,000 different configurations for customer-specific server rack power distribution needs.
- Enables simple, tool-less TOB installation.
- Provides branch circuit monitoring for proactive power usage and availability management to ensure power needs don’t surpass capacity of individual Quick Connect Tap Off Boxes.
- Offers branch circuit monitoring capable of delivering accurate and precise monitoring data in accordance with Revenue Grade Monitoring Standards.
- Monitors status indicating lights, providing technicians an easy to view status of breaker position and meter status indication.